Friday, September 19, 2008

Addicted

So Colleen bought me the book "Twilight" for my birthday. I had been reading another book (which was quite boring, but I had to finish it) up until that point. So Dus took it and starting reading it beofre me. He said it was "alright", but it seems everone else in the fam said it was a great read and that I had to read the WHOLE series before the movie comes out in December. So it was with great reluctance that I began on Wed (yes two days ago). Well folks...I'm addicted! I couldn't put it down...I just took it with me everywhere on Wed. So by the end of the day on Wed I was done and on to "New Moon". Needless to day I couldn't put that one down either...so this morning I started "Eclipse". Yes I finally put it down just to write this blog!

I'm sure your wondering about my sweet children and how I could just read all day with three of them running me ragged=) Well...its amazing where you can find time to read when you really want to. So the books have accompanied me everywhere...and I do mean everywhere! The hair salon, the bathroom, the car (while waiting to pick the kids up, not while driving silly), soccer practice and then I also have been staying up late to finish them too. I can't get enough of them...so strangley addicting! And it's like there is a movie in my head going all the time...yes I even dreamed about them the last few nights...I'm such a weirdo=)

The only thing that got me to put the book down yesterday (Thursday) was the massive crowd gathering on my front lawn...no I'M NOT JOKING! The kids, my darlings, grew quiet whild doing beads at the kitchen table and the noise level outside picked up with a bunch of profanities, so I got up to close the front door. Thats when I noticed roughly 40 teens gathered on my front lawn and coming up the front walk. West Sac is so lovely may I remind you..hahaha. It was a total chick fight happening in front of my sweet little darlings (they were both glued, wide eyed, to the window of course). So I yelled at them (the ones fighting)...that didn't seem to help since EVERYONE was yelling. So I called 911 and they sent over the police (3 separate units arrived). The operator on the phone asked if I saw any wepons...HELLO...I hadn't even thought of that! But thankfuly there were none. It was finally broken up and I went outside to meet with the officers, but they could have cared less. They didn't even want a statement from me...it was like it was no big deal that there was blood all across my front walk, driveway, car, and garage door. Have I told you how lovely West Sac is??? One day...one day...we will NOT LIVE here. Patience...this is something I truely need to pray for...patience.

2 comments:

The Wynia Family said...

Well my goodness, quite eventful around those parts huh? Around here the most blood I see is spilling out of a dead deer on the side of the road. I went up to Nye the other day and we counted FIVE and two racoons and a skunk :) I just love the twilight series, I had them all at one point but they all have been lent out and now I have none. I wasn't all tha impressed with the last one, but mostly I think it was because I had imagined something totally different.

Alyssa said...

Hey Jen - just FYI the movie has been moved up to Nov 21st. I'm sure you will finish the series well before then but just wanted you to know it's no longer in Dec. I finished all the books in a month. Took me a bit longer since I was interupted about every 10 minutes......but well worth it. Can't wait to see the movie...we are planning a girls night out just for it. You should check out the trailors on line. Loos great.